Blue Ridge Hall – Memory care
Science never stops learning about the many facets of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. At Shenandoah Valley Westminster-Canterbury, we use that growing knowledge for innovative, individualized approaches for Alzheimer’s and dementia care support. We serve residents with mild to moderate memory loss and cognitive impairment in our Memory Care Center.
Our Memory Care Center provides a warm, inviting environment that fosters a strong sense of well-being and belonging. Our staff members offer so much more than dementia or Alzheimer’s services – they focus on keeping each resident active and engaged in life. Families in Winchester, VA and the greater Washington, D.C. area have come to know the Memory Care Center at SVWC as a nurturing, secure place for their loved ones who need Alzheimer’s or dementia services and support.
Memory Care Center Services and Amenities
- Private rooms with large bathrooms
- Staffed for close personalized care
- Access to physician and psychiatric services onsite
- Dedicated activity staff
- Spa bathing
- Social services to support residents and family
- Art, music, and pet therapy
- Enclosed courtyard for walking and gardening; covered patio
- Transportation services
- Access to community amenities
- Family education