SHENANDOAH VALLEY WESTMINSTER-CANTERBURY
300 Westminster Canterbury Dr.
Winchester VA 22603
TITLE: Wait Staff DEPARTMENT: Dining Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dining Room Manager Host/Hostess
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests. Follows established style and order of service while serving in the main dining room and at special functions. Responsible for clearing dishes, busing and resetting tables.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Support the mission and purpose of SVWC.
- Support the Board of Trustees and Administration.
- Present a professional, caring image.
- Employment and annual Tuberculosis testing as required by Virginia State Licensure.
- Must attend annually mandatory inservices required by the State Licensure and all other mandatory inservices and/or meeting required by other regulatory agencies and/or by SVWC.
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by SVWC.
- Takes orders and serves food according to established style and order of service while serving in the main dining room and at special functions.
- Performs excellent customer service for residents and their guests to create an enjoyable dining experience.
- Performs assigned opening and closing duties, such as cleaning the reach-in, vacuuming, brewing coffee and restocking, etc.
- Clears dishes, busses, and resets tables.
- Follows and supports the polices and procedures established by the Dining Services department.
- Attends department’s mandatory meetings.
- Must be dressed in appropriate and complete uniform which is neat and clean.
- Maintains a professional, clean, and neat appearance according to Dining Services dress code.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UNIVERSAL PRECAUTION RISK CLASSIFICATION:
Category D: The person holding this position understands Universal Precautions Risk Classification categories apply to this position and the individual may be exposed to AIDS< HIV, and Hepatitis B viruses. Tasks that involve no exposure to Blood, Body Fluids, or Tissues. The normal work routine involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to visually identify and discern printed words on either typewritten pages or computer screen.
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors.
- Must have depth perception within normal ranges.
- Must be able to respond to spoken words and other auditory sounds including the ringing of telephone or beepers and monitors.
- Must be able to respond and communicate orally by telephone.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to use, operate and interpret information form equipment in work area.
- Must be able to verbally communicate in the English language directly and over the telephone and be understood.
RANGE OF MOTION
- Must be able to walk continually for 4 hours.
- Must have mobility for all parts of the body, walking, bending, lifting, reaching above head and use of hands.
- Must be able to stand for 100% of a 4 hour shift.
- Must be able to work under stress
- Must be able to deal with verbally and physically combative patients.
- Must have mental capacity to fulfill the requirements of the job including problem solving, logic, communication and numerical calculations.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Accurate recall and memory.
- Must be able to use judgment in making decisions and choices.
- Ability to analyze numbers and make basic mathematical calculations.