SHENANDOAH VALLEY WESTMINSTER-CANTERBURY
300 Westminster Canterbury Dr
Winchester VA 22603
TITLE: Utility Aide DEPARTMENT: Dining Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Chef
JOB SUMMARY: Washes all dishes, equipment parts, utensils, etc. Loads and unloads dishes from dish machine and distributes to the appropriate locations. Empties trash and recycles boxes. Completes all special cleaning as assigned daily.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Support the mission and purpose of SVWC.
- Support the Board of Trustees and Administration.
- Present a professional, caring image.
- Employment and annual Tuberculosis testing as required by Virginia State Licensure.
- Must attend annually mandatory inservices required by the State Licensure and all other mandatory inservices and/or meeting required by other regulatory agencies and/or by SVWC.
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by SVWC.
- Washes all dishes, equipment parts, utensils, silverware etc.
- Responsible for the closing duties of the satellite and main kitchens.
- Distributes all clean dishes, equipment parts, utensils, etc. to the appropriate locations.
- Cleans floors to include sweeping, hosing, deck brushing, etc.
- Empties trash and recycles boxes.
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by the Dining Services Department.
- Attends department mandatory meetings.
- Must be dressed in appropriate and complete uniform which is neat and clean.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UNIVERSAL PRECAUTION RISK CLASSIFICATION:
Category D: The person holding this position understands Universal Precautions Risk Classification categories apply to this position and the individual may be exposed to AIDS< HIV, and Hepatitis B viruses. Tasks that involve no exposure to Blood, Body Fluids, or Tissues. The normal work routine involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to visually identify and discern printed words on either typewritten pages or computer screen.
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors.
- Must have depth perception within normal ranges.
- Must be able to respond to spoken words and other auditory sounds including the ringing of telephone or beepers and monitors.
- Must be able to respond and communicate orally by telephone.
- Heavy lifting required (over 20 pounds occasionally and 20 pounds repetitively from ground level to shoulder height.)
- Must be able to push and maneuver carts/stretchers/ space saver loaded with weights of 250 pounds.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to use, operate and interpret information from equipment in work area.
- Must be able to verbally communicate in the English language directly and over the telephone and be understood.
RANGE OF MOTION
- Must have mobility for all parts of the body, walking, bending, lifting, reaching above head and use of hands.
- Must be able to stand and/or mobilize by walking for 100% of shift.
- Must be able to work under stress
- Must be able to work a rotating shift.
- Must have mental capacity to fulfill the requirements of the job including problem solving, logic, communication and numerical calculations.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Accurate recall and memory.
- Must be able to use judgment in making decisions and choices.
- Ability to analyze numbers and make basic mathematical calculations.