Per Diem Security Officer positions
Shenandoah Valley Westminster Canterbury
300 Westminster Canterbury Dr
Winchester VA 22603
TITLE: Security Officer – Per Diem DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
RESPONSIBLE TO: Security Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: N/A
JOB SUMMARY: Makes facility and grounds security inspection rounds. Understands and operates facility emergency system. Monitors and respond to alarms, handles incoming calls to switchboard, and monitors security cameras for possible response or action. Performs light maintenance and First/Aid duties.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous Security experience, in a commercial setting preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good record (as determined by SVWC). Must have 4 years driving experience by hire date.
- Must be able to obtain CPR/AED/First AID (or higher level) certification.
- Must be at least 21 years of age by hire date.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DCJS certification.
- Support the mission and purposes of SVWC.
- Support the Board of Trustees and Administration.
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by SVWC.
- Employment and annual Tuberculosis testing as required by Virginia State Licensure.
- Must attend annual mandatory in-services required by the State Licensure and all other mandatory in services and/or meetings required by other regulatory agencies and/or by SVWC.
- Present a professional, caring image.
- Must be able to handle emergency situations and associated stress.
- Responds to resident emergency calls, alarms and investigate disturbances. Understands and operates facility alarm system.
- Makes scheduled rounds throughout entire facility and grounds as scheduled using current tour documentation system.
- Patrols all premises to prevent and detect any circumstances that may result in harm to individuals or property. Maintain personal safety. Observes shift change at time clocks, doors, or as directed to ensure security of staff and facility.
- Enter daily log reports of daily activities and incident reports for irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Warn Residents, Staff, visitors, and contractors of policy violations and apprehend (cause) or evict violator from premises.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
- Circulate among residents, staff, visitors, and contractors to preserve order and protect property.
- Monitor cameras to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security or doors, windows, and grounds. Assists with reception relief.
- Assists maintenance, housekeeping, and nursing with various tasks to ensure the smooth running of the facility. Assists in minor snow removal.
- Participates in the on-call program to provide emergency services to the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
UNIVERSAL PRECAUTION RISK CLASSIFICATION:
Category C: The person holding this position understands Universal Precautions Risk Classification categories apply to this position and the individual may be exposed to AIDS, HIV, and Hepatitis B viruses. Tasks that involve no exposure to Blood, Body Fluids, or Tissues. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to visually identify and discern printed words on either typewritten pages or computer screen.
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors.
- Must have depth perception within normal ranges.
- Must be able to respond to spoken words and other auditory sounds including the ringing of telephone or beepers and monitors.
- Must be able to respond and communicate orally by telephone.
- Must be able to bend, reach and lift patients with assistance to transport them to stretchers/wheelchairs.
- Heavy lifting required (over 50 pounds occasionally).
- Must be able to push and maneuver carts/stretchers/space saver loaded with weights of 50 pounds.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to use, operate and interpret information from equipment in work area.
RANGE OF MOTION
- Must be able to climb (ladders and such) and be able to reach and balance from the ladders.
- Must be able to walk continually for 2 hours.
- Must be able to stand for 2 hours.
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours.
- Must have mobility of all parts of the body, walking, bending, lifting, and reaching above head and use of hands.
- Must be able to stand and/or mobilize by walking for up to 90% of an 8 hour shift.
- May be required to work near voltages (up to 480 volts AC).
- May have to work in hot (over 80 degrees F) or cold (under 10 degrees F) environment.
- Must be able to work under stress.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must be able to deal with verbally and physically combative patients.
- Must be able to work out of doors in varying types of weather.
- Must be able to utilize or wear protective equipment or apparel in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Must be able to work within confined spaces.
- Must have mental capacity to fulfill the requirements of the job including problem solving, logic, communication and numerical calculations.
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand written instructions in English.
- Accurate recall and memory.
- Must be able to use judgment in making decisions and choices.
|NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably-related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. Shenandoah Valley Westminster-Canterbury reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written contract of employment.|