SHENANDOAH VALLEY WESTMINSTER-CANTERBURY
300 Westminster Canterbury Dr.
Winchester VA 22603
TITLE: Projects/Housekeeper DEPARTMENT: Housekeeping
RESPONSIBLE TO: Housekeeping Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining the carpets and floors throughout the facility to include carpet floor cleaning, striping and waxing floors, spot removal, etc. Responsible for window washing, cleaning of public restrooms, housekeeping of guest apartments, common areas, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Support the mission and purposes of SVWC.
- Support the Board of Trustees and Administration.
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by SVWC.
- Employment and annual Tuberculosis testing as required by Virginia State Licensure.
- Must attend mandatory inservices required by the State Licensure and all other mandatory inservices and/or meetings required by other regulatory agencies and/or by SVWC.
- Present a professional, caring attitude.
- Cleans, strips, waxes, and buffs floors, using floor stripping and buffing machines.
- Cleans carpets using Extractor and Carpet Cleaning machinery.
- Washes facility windows and picks up and empties trash.
- Cleans public areas including but not limited to public bathrooms, employee areas, and guest rooms.
- Cleans bathrooms toilets, sinks, mirrors and tubs, mop floors and any other general cleaning to be done in the bathroom(s).
- Responsible for floor care which includes vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and spot cleaning the carpets.
- Performs high and low dusting.
- Other duties as assigned.
UNIVERSAL PRECAUTION RISK CLASSIFICATION:
Category A: The person holding this position understands Universal Precautions Classification categories apply to this position and the individual may be exposed to AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses. Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue procedures or other job related tasks that involve an inherent potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashes of them, are Category A tasks.
Hepatitis B Vaccine series of three injections over period of six months (at 0, 1, and 5 months) work be offered at no cost within 10 days of employment. Request/Declination of Immunization Employee Waiver must be signed. If the employee reuses the Hepatitis B Vaccine initially, it may be requested at a later date. If an employee begins the series and leaves employment, SVWC is under no obligation to complete the series.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to visually identify and discern printed words on either typewritten pages or computer screen.
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors.
- Must have depth perception within normal ranges.
- Must be able to respond to spoken words and other auditory sounds including the ringing of telephone or beepers and monitors.
- Must be able to respond and communicate orally by telephone.
- Lifting required (over 50 pounds occasionally and 20 pounds repetitively).
- Must be able to push and maneuver carts/stretchers/space saver loaded with weights of
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to maneuver (Housekeeping Cart) for 8 hours.
- Must be able to handle power tools for 50 % of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to use, operate and interpret information from equipment in work area.
- Must be able to verbally communicate in the English language directly and over the telephone and be understood.
RANGE OF MOTION
- Must be able to climb (ladders and such) and be able to reach and balance from the ladders.
- Must be able to kneel or squat for 4 of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to walk continually for 8
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours straight.
- Must have mobility of all parts of the body, walking, bending, lifting, reaching above head and use of hands.
- Must be able to stand and /or mobilize by walking for 100 % of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to work under stress.
- Must be able to work overtime (and some employees work rotation or call schedules).
- Must be able to deal with verbally and physically combative patients.
- Must be able to utilize or wear protective equipment or apparel in accordance with OSHA standards
- Must have mental capacity to fulfill the requirements of the job including problem solving, logic, communication and numerical calculations.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Accurate recall and memory.
- Must be able to use judgment in making decisions and choices.
- Ability to analyze numbers and make basic mathematical calculations.