Shenandoah Valley Westminster Canterbury
300 Westminster Canterbury Dr
Winchester VA 22603
TITLE: Diet Aide DEPARTMENT: Dining Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dining Services Manager and Lead Diet Aide
JOB SUMMARY: Prepare and serve resident trays as ordered in their table. Responsible for preparation and delivery of resident trays, according to their menu selections to resident table. Cleans and sets up dining rooms for next meal and assists with sanitation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Support the mission and purpose of SVWC.
- Support the Board of Trustees and Administration.
- Present a professional, caring image.
- Employment and annual Tuberculosis testing as required by Virginia State Licensure.
- Must attend annually mandatory inservices required by the State Licensure and all other mandatory inservices and/or meeting required by other regulatory agencies and/or by SVWC.
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by SVWC.
- Places menus, condiments, and cold foods on tray according to menu.
- Transports residents’ trays to dining room.
- Cleans and set up dining room for next meal, to include sweeping floor, busing and sanitizing tables and chairs, setting dinnerware, etc.
- Communicates with residents of varying ability to get food orders and assist with set up of meals.
- Provides table service to residents during meals, i.e. serves trays, beverages, etc.
- Ensures that proper sanitation practices are being used, i.e. gloves, cleaning solution, hairnets, neat and clean uniforms, etc.
- Takes orders, prepares and distributes snacks, i.e. sandwiches, ice cream, cookies, etc.
- Follows established procedures and gives appropriate feedback to Manager on Duty to ensure that diets and menus are being followed accurately for each resident.
- Inventories and re-stocks nourishment centers.
- Must be dressed in appropriate and complete uniform which is neat and clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
UNIVERSAL PRECAUTION RISK CLASSIFICATION:
Category D: The person holding this position understands Universal Precautions Risk Classification categories apply to this position and the individual may be exposed to AIDS< HIV, and Hepatitis B viruses. Tasks that involve no exposure to Blood, Body Fluids, or Tissues. The normal work routine involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to visually identify and discern printed words on either typewritten pages or computer screen.
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors.
- Must have depth perception within normal ranges.
- Must be able to respond to spoken words and other auditory sounds including the ringing of telephone or beepers and monitors.
- Must be able to respond and communicate orally by telephone.
- Moderate lifting required (over 5 pounds occasionally but no more than 15 pounds).
- Must be able to push and maneuver carts loaded with weights of approximately 75 pounds.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to use, operate and interpret information from equipment in work area.
- Must be able to verbally communicate in the English language directly and over the telephone and be understood.
RANGE OF MOTION
- Must have mobility for all parts of the body, walking, bending, lifting, reaching above head and use of hands.
- Must be able to kneel or squat repeatedly.
- Must have manual dexterity, fine motor skills
- Must be able to stand and/or mobilize by walking for 95% of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to work under stress
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift.
- Must be able to work “on call.”
- Must be able to utilize or wear protective equipment or apparel in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Must be able to work within confined spaces.
- May be required to work near or with voltages (up to 480 volts AC).
- May have to work in hot (over 90 degrees) or cold (under 0 degrees F) environment.
- Must have mental capacity to fulfill the requirements of the job including problem solving,
logic, communication and numerical calculations.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Accurate recall and memory.
- Must be able to use judgment in making decisions and choices.
- Ability to analyze numbers and make basic mathematical calculations.