Shenandoah Valley Westminster Canterbury
300 Westminster Canterbury Dr
Winchester VA 22603
Title: Banquet Server/Bartender
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Department: Dining Services
Responsible to: Dining Room Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests. Follows established style and order of service while serving in the main dining room, bar and at special functions. Responsible for setting up functions, clearing dishes, bussing, resetting tables and cleaning up after functions.
- Supports the mission and purpose of SVWC
- Supports the Board of Trustees and administration
- Presents a professional, caring image
- Obtains employment and annual tuberculosis testing as required by Virginia State Licensure
- Attends annual mandatory in-services required by the state licensure and all other mandatory in-services and/or meetings required by other regulatory agencies and/or by SVWC
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by SVWC
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Bartender experienced preferred
- Basic reading, writing and math skills required
- Takes orders and serves food according to established style and order of service while serving at special functions and in the main dining room
- Performs excellent customer service for residents and their guests to create an enjoyable dining experience
- Performs assigned opening and closing duties, such as cleaning the reach-in, vacuuming and restocking, etc.
- Clears dishes, busses and resets tables
- Serves alcoholic beverages, answers inquiries about the menu and beverages and tends to residents’ requests
- Restocks bar area throughout operating hours and at closing to include drinks, food, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc.
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by the Dining Services Department
- Attends mandatory department meetings
- Maintains a professional, clean and neat appearance according to the Dining Services dress code
- Dresses in an appropriate and complete uniform that is neat and clean
- Performs other duties as assigned
Universal Precaution Risk Classification (Category D): The person holding this position understands that Universal Precautions Risk Classification categories apply to this position, and the individual may be exposed to the AIDS, HIV and Hepatitis B viruses. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues. Situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to visually identify and discern printed words on either typewritten pages or on a computer screen
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors
- Must have depth perception within normal ranges
- Must be able to respond to spoken words and other auditory sounds, including the ringing of telephones or beepers and monitors
- Must be able to respond and communicate orally by telephone
Tools and Equipment:
- Must be able to use, operate and interpret information from equipment in work area
- Must be able to verbally communicate in the English language directly and over the telephone and be understood
Range of Motion:
- Must be able to walk continually for four hours
- Must have mobility in all parts of the body: walking, bending, lifting, reaching above head and using hands
- Must be able to stand for 100 percent of a four-hour shift
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to deal with verbally and physically combative patients
- Must have the mental capacity to fulfill the requirements of the job, including problem-solving, logic, communication and numerical calculations
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions in English
- Must possess accurate recall and memory
- Must be able to use judgment in making decisions and choices
- Must be able to analyze numbers and make basic mathematical calculations
Additional Requirements: Must be 21 years of age. Bartending experience preferred. Basic reading, writing and math skills required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. SVWC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties or working schedules based on its duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written contract of employment.