SHENANDOAH VALLEY WESTMINSTER-CANTERBURY
TITLE: Bus Driver/Courier DEPARTMENT: Resident Relations
RESPONSIBLE TO: Reception and Transportation Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for transportation of residents for grocery shopping, doctor’s appointments, field trips, and other outings. Operates a mini-bus and company passenger vehicles. Assists IL Activities Coordinator and AL/HC Activities Supervisor (here in referred to as Activities Personnel) with planning, implementing trips, outing and transportation needs in general.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, LICENSURE:
- Commercial Driver’s License required—minimum Class C.
- Previous work experience involving operation of at least an 16-passenger vehicle and the ability to work with adult populations, especially those who are aged and/or have physical disabilities preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- CPR Certification required.
- Support the mission and purpose of SVWC.
- Support the Board of Trustees and Administration.
- Present a professional and caring image.
- Employment and annual Tuberculosis testing as required by Virginia State Licensure.
- Must attend annual mandatory in-services required by the State Licensure and all other mandatory in-services and/or meeting required by other regulatory agencies and/or by SVWC.
- Follows and supports the policies and procedures established by SVWC.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the efforts of the Activities Personnel with coordination of short and long-term programs for residents, which reflect their needs and desires for recreational activities. Assists the Activities Personnel with research and development of trips, outings, etc. Also obtains directions for trips.
- Must be familiar with Department of Transportation regulations as related to job. Maintains maintenance log for van and car. Coordinate estimates and repairs with the Reception and Transportation Supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring the renewal of commercial driver’s license prior to expiration. Responsible for updating supervisor of new regulations or concerns with transportation. Responsible for any required training for other CDL drivers in relation to new equipment, lifts, safety, etc.
- Responsible for acquiring DOT physical prior to expiration of physical certificate.
- Drives the facility minibus in transporting residents to and from: previously arranged special trips and busabout days (includes grocery store trips, shopping, and doctor’s appointments). Assists the Activities Personnel with monthly planning and future planning of transportation.
- Assist residents when entering and exiting the bus or car. (help with groceries, etc.)
- Is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the facility minibus and car.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspection of the minibus. Responsible for emergency kit and other necessary items on bus (blankets, paper towels, etc.) Responsible for the cell phone and the maintenance of it. Responsible for completing vehicle accident report if any damage sustained to SVWC vehicle property or with accidents in the community involving SVWC vehicle property. Report to Reception and Transportation Supervisor immediately.
- Provides relief at either reception desk when needed.
- Provides courier service to facility as needed. Provides support to Activities Personnel to do errands for shopping and coverage of programs as needed.
- Deposits mail at Post Office each day. When driver has scheduled day off it he/she is responsible to coordinate mail deposit with executive secretary.
- Must abide by all SVWC policies and procedures related to confidentiality of resident information and employee information, including all HIPAA policies.
- Other duties as assigned.UNIVERSAL PRECAUTION RISK CLASSIFICATION:PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:VISION
- The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform he essential functions.
- Category D: The person holding this position understands Universal Precautions Risk Classification categories apply to this position and the individual may be exposed to AIDS< HIV, and Hepatitis B viruses. Tasks that involve no exposure to Blood, Body Fluids, or Tissues. The normal work routine involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids.)
- AUTHORITY: N/A
- Must be able to visually identify and discern printed words on either typewritten pages or computer screen.
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors.
- Must have depth perception within normal ranges.HEARING
- Must be able to respond to spoken words and other auditory sounds including the ringing of telephone or beepers and monitors.
- Must be able to respond and communicate orally by telephone.TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to use, operate and interpret information from equipment in work area.SPEECH
- Must be able to verbally communicate in the English language directly and over the telephone and be understood.
- Must be able to bend and reach patients to assist with transport .
- Must be able to push and maneuver carts/stretchers/space saver loaded with weights of 200 pounds.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to use, operate, and interpret information from equipment in work area.RANGE OF MOTION
- Must be able to walk continually for one hour.
- Must be able to stand for 1 hour straight.
- Must have mobility for all parts of the body, walking, bending, lifting, reaching above head and use of hands.
- Must be able to stand and/or mobilize by walking for 10% of an 8-hour shift.
- Some tasks may require sitting for 90% of the workday.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to work under stress
- Must be able to work overtime (and some employees work rotation or call schedules.)
- Must be able to work “on call” (some employees on occasion.)
- Must be able to deal with verbally and physically combative patients.
- Must be able to work out of doors in varying types of weather.MENTAL CAPACITY
- Must have mental capacity to fulfill the requirements of the job including problem solving, logic, communication and numerical calculations.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Accurate recall and memory.
- Must be able to use judgment in making decisions and choices.
- Ability to analyze numbers and make basic mathematical calculations.
|NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. Shenandoah Valley Westminster-Canterbury reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written contract of employment.|